Tuesday, November 13, 2012
08:00am - 03:30pm
Italian Conference Center of Milwaukee 631 E Chicago St, Milwaukee WI
8:00 – 9:00 AM Registration & Refreshments | Visit & Bid on Silent Auction Items
9:00 Welcome Announcements & Nomination of Officers
9:15 Program Begins | Welcome Dan North
11:30 Lunch & Bid on Ugly Auction Items
1:00 PM Program Resumes | Welcome Mike Gillespie
3:30 PM Adjourn
“An Overview of the U.S. and Global Economies"
As the “recovery” drags into its fourth year, unemployment remains high and the economy is gasping for air. Looking at how the recession started will show us what our likely path is from here, and we will see how the government is probably making things worse in its attempts to stimulate the economy. We’ll also look at international developments as well.
Our presenter, Daniel C. North has been with Euler Hermes since 1996, using macroeconomic and quantitative analyses to help manage Euler Hermes’ risk portfolio of more than $150 billion in annual U.S. trade transactions. Prior to joining the company, Mr. North worked for Citicorp using similar analyses to create outperforming investment strategies. He has appeared on CNBC, Fox Business News, ABC News Now, France 24, and Bloomberg Radio and Television. He has been quoted by USA Today, Barron’s, Business Week, Washington Post, Paris Le Monde, AP and Reuters. In January 2010, he was ranked fourth on Bloomberg’s list of 65 top economic forecasters.
Following Dan’s presentation, the group will spend some time discussing issues during an open, roundtable discussion forum. Please list any challenges you could use some help in resolving on your reservation form.
and in the afternoon…
“Insuring Your Global Assets & Liabilities”
Mike Gillespie is currently the Risk Manager for Joy Global Inc. and has been in this capacity since 2009. As Risk Manager, Mr. Gillespie coordinates all worldwide property, liability, workers compensation and marine insurance programs for the company.
Topics on Mike’s agenda include:
- Why are worldwide insurance programs important to a company?
- How do global programs work? (Property, Liability, Marine, Travel Accident, D&O, Crime, Fiduciary)
- How are premiums calculated and how are they billed?
- What are the biggest issues with global programs?
- What is the broker’s role?
- Different types of global brokers
- What can you expect?
- Broker compensation issues
- How are claims and loss prevention handled/managed?
- What are the most frequently asked risk management questions outside the US?
- What are some of the top global risk management concerns for 2013?
Questions? Contact: Dianna at Wisconsin Credit Association 262.827.2880 Extension 225